Gaining awareness of the process of acculturation and the cultural impact of working abroad, developing your intercultural competences and enhancing your insight in the most important do’s and don’ts are the result of this course. It speaks for itself that this program is always tailor-made.
Is this course for you?
This course is for managers and professionals (and their partners and families) that will start working abroad or in the Netherlands (Dealing with the Dutch).
How the course operates
A tailored one-day course, with supplementary coaching if wished. Prior to the course a personal intake conversation takes place (by phone or Skype) and you fill in the Intercultural Readiness Check©.
What the course covers
- Your own cultural luggage, your attachments and possible challenges of your work abroad
- The importance of intercultural competences in the new working and living environment
- The process of acculturation and the competence Managing Uncertainty in relation to culture stress and culture shock
- Intercultural dilemmas on the new job
- Role-plays working out the most important challenges of your work abroad
What Luz azul’s clients say
“We were able to take it to practical examples, not only theory; we discussed real-life situations we have faced, and Yvonne was able to provide good recommendations on how to deal with it. We have got valuable diagnostics regarding how far we need to get adapted to our new life in the Netherlands” (financial manager at a multinational firm)