The two-day course Optimizing Intercultural Competences is a comprehensive tailor-made course in effective cross cultural understanding. You learn to understand the nuances of the four intercultural competences: intercultural sensitivity, intercultural communication, building commitment and managing uncertainty. At the end of the program you have gained in-depth understanding of cultural differences and your own cross-cultural qualities, possible pitfalls and ways to enhance the intercultural competences in your own work environment.
Is this course for you?
The program is meant for professionals working in an international work context.
How the course operates
This is a two-day program, with preferably an interval of two weeks. A needs assessment before the course and a midterm assignment form integral parts of the program.
What the course covers
The program’s point of departure is the assessment tool Intercultural Readiness Check©. Using this IRC©, the course takes in:
- Deep and surface culture, and cultural neuroscience
- Logic behind cultural differences
- Model of Intercultural Effectiveness: Connect, Perform and Enjoy©
- Role-plays and games on the four intercultural competences: intercultural sensitivity, intercultural communication, building commitment and managing uncertainty
- Working with a training actor – this can be seen as a living learning space for cross cultural understanding, and adds in-depth surplus value
- Optionally: the Feedback Profiler®
What Luz azul’s clients say
“I can recommend the course Optimizing Intercultural Competences to anyone. In general I feel that we think too superficially about intercultural communication. People think that for the simple reason that we work in an international organization we also know how to do it, but that’s certainly not the case” (senior professional at an international NGO).