This training course provides you with the tools to deal effectively with the intercultural aspects of email communication and other ways of digital communication – for instance cultural differences and communication styles. Depending on your work context, the course will additionally focus on effective online cooperation in virtual teams.
Is this course for you?
This course is for professionals who work internationally, and who mostly work using online tools.
How the course operates
A tailored workshop consisting of two periods of a half-day each, with pre-course and in-between assignments. Optionally: online or blended.
What the course covers
- One and two-way communication in relation to achieving shared understanding
- The effectiveness of email, Skype and phone calls in intercultural contexts (i.e. language, communication styles and power relations)
- Feedback panel on each other’s emails
- The challenges of virtual teams: how to build trust?
- Online international cooperation: the art of balancing tasks and relationships
What Luz azul’s clients say
“I have become aware of some scenarios in email communication that are not particularly effective, but that I never considered before. From now on I’ll first take into account diverse perspectives before I write an email, and if I do, how to formulate it so that it’s being understood as I mean it to be.” (professional at an international NGO)